If something is becoming clear to us with all the news that is coming out about the next Marvel projects, it is that in this phase 4 of movies, there will be a great cosmic aspect. Thanos is not there alone. Not to be the villain on duty. But instead to prepare the audience for the landing of an upcoming complex saga of galactic proportions: ‘The Eternals’.
“The Eternals” officially introduces to us a fantastic team of superheroes. All of them are ancient aliens and are a part of the marvel cinematic universe. These superheroes are living on earth for a long time now. The movie is a followup to Avengers: Endgame. After the tragic events. The Eternals are forced to meet again and save earth from the deviants who are its greatest enemies.
Jack Kirby created all of these characters in the year 1976 for Marvel. In the comics, millions of years ago. When the cosmic beings known as the Celestials genetically experimented on humans, “The Eternals” were born. They created super-powerful and nearly immortal beings and a more monstrous spice known as ‘the Deviants.’ The two races maintain an eternal power struggle.
This film, also, will be the first Marvel film to feature a protagonist from the LGTBQ collective, although it is not yet 100% known who it will be.
Besides, at the Comic-Con in Sao Paulo, fans were able to see first images without post-production effects of the film, with all the characters in action.
Thanks to the Marvel panel at Comic-Con, we already know what the main cast of the movie ‘The Eternals’ will be and what character each will play:
- Angelina Jolie as Thena: Marvel version of Athena. Thanos’s cousin.
- Richard Madden, as Ikaris: Cosmic energy powered Eternal who has psychic abilities.
- Kit Harington as the Black Knight: the descendant of a supervillain and occasional member of the Avengers.
- Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo: strongly linked to the path of the samurai in 16th century Japan.
- Salma Hayek as Ajak: leader of the group, expert in close combat.
- Lauren Ridloff as Makkari: For the Greeks, it was known as Hermes.
- Lia McHugh, as Sprite: master of illusions and a joker, cannot grow up, so she is trapped in a child’s body.
- Don Lee as Gilgamesh: Although he is blind, he is a great fighter, in the style of Daredevil
In addition to all these signings, they would be in talks to join the cast Gemma Chan, who already played Minn-Erva in ‘Captain Marvel,’ and Barry Keoghan, one of the actors in ‘Dunkerque’.
It’s also long been rumoured that Millie Bobby Brown would be in the movie. But for now, the rumours have been debunked by the actress herself.