Call Me Kat is an American television comedy series. The series is based on a sitcom written by comedian Miranda Hart, and it is a British sitcom named “Miranda.” Darlene Hunt is the writer and developer of the series. Eric Norsoph, Alison Mo Massey, Mackenzie Gabriel-Vaught, and Kelly-Anne Lee are the producers of this series. The story is about a woman, “Kat.” She used to teach in a university but has resigned and started a cafe for the cat. The story took a change when Kat’s friend and crush Max returned.
Call Me Kat didn’t receive a good response from their viewers. The series received a lot of critics for its editing, uneven pace, and directing. There are some critics and humor about the series, but it was also praised for Kat’s character. Kat’s character is been described as a jolly woman. She wants to be loved and accepted by someone. Since the series received a mixed response, so there are a few chances for getting season 2. But it is confirmed that we will get a season 2. Let’s discuss more season 2.
Expected Release Date
Season 1 of Call Me Kat was released on January 3, 2021. Episode 2 landed on January 7, and since then, episodes have used to come on every Thursday. The final episode of episode 13 landed on March 25, 2021. On May 10, 2021, Fox announced to renew the series. If the show shooting starts soon, we may expect the series to be released in 2022.
In season 1 ending we saw Kat did something which embraced her in front of Max. Max is angry with Kat but melts down when he hears that one of the kat’s cats is no more. Kat organized a funeral for her cat. Carter and Randi forgot that cat’s ashes in a cab. Kat was very sad about her cat’s dead, but Oscar was surprised to see that somebody could be soo sad just for a cat. The series closed with Oscar and Kat feeling for each other.
In season 2, we will see that if Kat will continue her relationship with Max or begin with Oscar. We might also see some twists and turn in Kat and her mother’s relationship. Season 2 is expected to bring in many adventures and dramas.
Expected cast members who can be seen in Call Me Kat season 2 are:-
- Kat by Mayim Bialik as a single woman who runs a cat cafe.
- Sheila by Swoosie Kurtz as Kat’s overbearing mother.
- Phil by Leslie Jordan as a newly single gay man and the head baker at Kat’s cafe.
- Randi by Kyla Pratt as a waitress in Kat’s cafe.
- Carter by Julian Gant as the bar owner, which was next to Kat’s cafe.
- Max by Cheyenne Jackson as Kat’s friend and college crush.
- Daniel by Lamorne Morris as a customer at Kat’s cafe and had a relationship with Randi.
- Tara Barnett by Vanessa Lachey as Kat’s childhood best friend.
- Oscar by Christopher Rivas as Kat’s boyfriend and a package delivery man.
- Brigitte by Schuyler Helford
We might see some new characters joining and more previous characters to continue for the new seasons.