Dirty Work is an American film. It was released in 1998 and is a comedy movie. Bob Saget was the director; Frank Sebastiano, Norm Macdonald, and Fred Wolf were the writers, and Robert Simonds was the producer of this film. It was based on a short story by Roald Dahl, “Vengeance is Mine Inc.” The film can be seen on HBO Max as it is streaming there only for subscribers. Few websites like Youtube, Google Play, Microsoft Store, iTunes, Prime videos, and Vudu provide the film for rent.
Two best friends Mitch and Sam, don’t accept craps from anyone as Sam’s father Pop has taught them. When they were young, they once planted guns in the school bully’s desk, and then he was arrested for keeping a gun. One day Mitch’s mother died, so he started living with Sam. Being grown up, they were ditched by their girlfriend for being thrown out from 14 jobs within 3 months. Once Pop got a heart attack, and they needed 50000 dollars to start his treatment, so they started working in a cinema.
Their manager was too rude, and both the friends together got him fired. The other workers suggested they start their own business. They opened a business dirty work, that was a revenge hire business. Mitch started liking a girl who used to work with a car dealer, and they once insulted him live on a TV channel. And after this act, they gained a lot of popularity. Cole (a property dealer) once contacted them to destroy his flat and promised to pay for Pop’s treatment.
Later, Cole revealed that he was not the owner of that flat rather, he just wanted to destroy it so that he could buy it at a low price. Mitch recorded the conversation when Cole revealed his plan and planned to take revenge against Cole. Mitch and Pop, along with many other people, planned to reveal that recording on the night of the opening.
They played the recording on a cinema’s sound system, and media was also present there. When Cole saw that public image was going down, he promised to pay 50000 dollars to Mitch and Sam. In the end, Cole was beaten and arrested. Pop got his treatment done, and Mitch got the girl he liked.
The cast member whom we saw in the Dirty Work movie was:-
- Mitch Weaver by Norm Macdonald
- Sam McKenna, Mitch’s friend by Artie Lange
- Pops McKenna, Sam’s father by Jack Warden
- Kathy, Mitch’s love interest by Traylor Howard
- Jimmy, Mitch and Sam’s friend by Chris Farley
- Travis Cole, real estate magnate by Christopher McDonald
- Dr. Farthing, gambling-addicted heart surgeon by Chevy Chase
- Mr. Hamilton, theater owner by Don Rickles
- A bearded lady by Rebecca Romijn
- The ring announcer by George Chuvalo
- Anton Phillips, a used car dealer by David Koechner
- A homeless man by Jim Downey
- Another homeless man by Fred Wolf
- A theater worker by Kevin Farley
- Low Life, a drug dealer by Anthony J. Mifsud
- The reporter by Gord Martineau