Directed by Andy Muschietti, IT Chapter Two is the sequel to 2017 successful IT that is both based on Stephen King’s book It. Produced by Dan Lin, Barbara Muschietti, and Roy Lee for Double Dream, New Line Cinema, Rideback, and Vertigo Entertainment, the movie got its premiere back in the year 2019 and was distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
The supernatural horror movie is based on the return of Pennywise, the Evil Clown, after 27 years to yet spread its fear in Derry. But to stop It once and for all, the Losers Club has to get united once again even though they are grown-ups and live separately and somewhat have forgotten the terror they experienced 27 years ago. Gary Dauberman has penned the story.
Who can All be Seen in IT Chapter Two?
The faces Starring in the second installment of the movie include-
- Bill Haderessaying Richard Tozier
- James McAvoy essaying William Denbrough
- James Ransone essaying Edward Kaspbrak
- Isaiah Mustafa essaying Michael Hanlon
- Jay Ryan essaying BenjaminHanscom
- Bill Skarsgard essaying the role of Pennywise
- Jessica Chastain essaying Beverly Marsh
- Andy Bean essaying Stanley Uris
- Wyatt Oleff essaying younger version of Stanley Uris
- Jaeden Martell essaying younger of Denbrough
- Sophia Lillis essaying younger version of Beverly Marsh
- Jack Dylan Grazer essaying younger version of Eddie Kaspbrak
- Finn Wolfhard essaying younger version of Richard Tozier
- Jeremy Ray Taylor essaying younger version of Ben Hanscom
- Chosen Jacobs essaying younger of Mike Hanlon
What is the Storyline of IT Chapter Two?
The movie opens with the return of It to Derry, Maine, where he begins to spread his terror. The only member of the Losers Club to have stayed in Derry, Mike Hanlan, informs other members of the group about the entire situation and reminds them about the promise to return if It also returns, in order to kill him. While not all the members of the Losers Club were sure to stay, the fear of getting killed stopped them.
While It continues to wreak havoc, Mike and Bill discover that Ritual of Chud can help stop It forever. As the story progresses, the Losers encounter threats from It in various ways but somehow manage to survive. Towards the end, by overcoming their past guilts and fears, Losers successfully kill It forever.
However, Eddie gets killed in the encounter. At last, members are seen happily moving on in their lives without the fear that once haunted them as children and caused their pal Stanley to kill himself.
What should be Known Before Watching IT Chapter Two?
Post its opening, and the movie garnered a fair share of mixed reviews from the critics by scoring based on 377 reviews, a 62% by Rotton Tomatoes, and a 58/100 score on Metacritic. Thus, proving that a bigger sequel doesn’t guarantee more authenticity as the second edition was less scary. But owing to its source material and a stellar cast, the movie can be given a watch.
However, there had been a possibility of a third chapter of IT to be made, thereby focussing on the time before the gruesome actions of the Evil Clown. Although the book’s story ended with the second part, the next edition has to be explored by itself, but fans aren’t willing for it.
Where to Watch IT Chapter Two?
The movie can be enjoyed presently on HBO Max or TNT. However, platforms like Amazon Prime Videos, iTunes, Vudu, Google Play Movies, and YouTube offer the services to either rent or purchase the movie.
Leave a Reply