It is once again that time of year when our television screens are filled with heartbreak, hysteria, and love triangles. In the hopes of finding love, eleven young people will go to a luxury home on the island of Mallorca (and possibly a media career).
The activities that take place in the brand new villa where the competitors are staying will be presided over by the show’s host, Laura Whitmore, and Love Island voiceover veteran Iain Stirling.
Where is the show filmed?
Mallorca, an island in the Mediterranean, serves as the setting for the scenes. However, this is the eighth season of the show, and the action has relocated to a brand-new villa, which is also located in Mallorca. Even though the precise location is unknown, it is speculated that it is just around ten minutes away from the last one.
The new home, which is approximately 2.7 times larger than the old one and has an estimated value of 2.7 million pounds, features a bedroom, living room, make-up room, bathroom, beach hut, balcony, outdoor kitchen, swimming pool, and fire pit. In addition, the new home is estimated to be worth 2.7 million pounds.
The historic home on Love Island may be found in the village of Sant Llorenc des Cardassar, which is situated on the breathtaking east coast of the island.
Although it was designed in the classic rustic Spanish style, the newly built home has a more modern feel to it and has brilliant splashes of color everywhere.
Mike Spencer, the executive producer of the program, said in an interview with The Mirror, “They looked at quite a few villas, and this was by far the finest.”
“The vista is just breathtaking, and we want viewers to tune in and remark that Love Island has been given a makeover,” the producers said.
Who are the contestants taking part?
The following people will be featured in Love Islanders 2022:
- Paige Thorne, age 24 and originally from Swansea, is a paramedic.
- A senior scientist from Dublin named Dami Hope is 26 years old.
- Indiyah Polack is a hotel waiter from London and she is 23 years old.
- 22-year-old Liam Llewellyn, originally from Newport in South Wales, is now pursuing his master’s degree.
- Tasha Ghouri is a dancer and model who was born in Thirsk, North Yorkshire. She is 23 years old.
- Davide Sanclimenti is a 27-year-old entrepreneur originally from Rome who now resides in Manchester.
- 19-year-old Gemma Owen is a successful businesswoman and international dressage rider who hails from Chester. She is also the daughter of footballer Michael Owen.
- Ikenna Ekwonna, 23 years old, is from Nottingham and works in the pharmaceutical sales industry.
- Andrew Le Page, age 27, is a real estate agent in the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- Amber Beckford, a nanny from London who is 24 years old
- Luca Bish, a fisherman from Brighton who is 23 years old
All about the Love Island shooting
Love Island is not a show that airs live. Each show episode is filmed a day or two ahead of time. About 70 cameras are used on the set to catch every moment of the islanders’ lives. This includes cameras in the kitchen, the pool, and the room where everyone stays.
The whole villa is set up with hidden microphones so that viewers don’t miss any of the conversations between the contestants. In the beach hut, contestants can also talk to the camera.
Get ready to meet the new islanders on Monday, June 6, in the brand-new villa. However, they will be playing their best games to find life partners. You can watch the show on ITV2 or ITV Hub.
Where are the previous Love Island villas located?
Love Island has been going on for a while now, so where else has the ITV2 show been set up for summers in the past?
In 2005, the first season of Celebrity Love Island was filmed on Armstrong Island, way out in Fiji.
2015 to 2016: When the show came back in its current form in 2015, it was made in Majorca. In the first two seasons, the villa was in Ses Salines, and a French businessman owned it.
2017 to 2021: The production moved to Sant Llorenc des Cardassar in 2017 and will stay there until 2021.
Since then, a rented villa has been used, and it was last seen in 2021. It had a pool, a hot tub, a garden with an outdoor kitchen, and the famous “Hideaway,” which is a place where couples can go to be alone.
The secondary villa Casa Amor was close to the main villa, near the Levante Hills. It was often the setting for a “twist.”