Since its premiere with season 1 in 2016 on Netflix, The Crown has kept its fans entertained by showcasing the life of the British Royal Family. The success of the show has been this much that the previous season is being recognized for various categories nominations in the Emmy Awards of 2021.
It includes nominations like- Outstanding Lead Actor for Josh O’Connor, Best Drama, Outstanding Lead Actress for Emma Corrin and Olivia Colman, Outstanding Supporting Actress for Helena Bonham Carter and Gillian Anderson, and Outstanding Supporting Actor for Tobias Menzies.
Back in August this year, Netflix showcased the pictures of on-screen Princess Diana and Prince Charles in the upcoming season that are portrayed by Elizabeth Debicki and Dominic West respectively. This has made the fans ready excited for the latest edition and they are waiting for it to release soon. Netflix also released few more stills from the show’s new season to keep the viewers engaged.
Will Season 5 Mark The End Of The Crown?
To keep the viewers happy, Netflix made it clear that this season won’t mark the end of the show. There could be one more edition to the series before its conclusion.
Who All Will Be There In The Upcoming Season Of The Crown?
- The character of Prince Charles will reportedly be essayed by Dominic West. The role was previously played by Josh O’ Connor.
- Princess Diana being essayed by Elizabeth Debicki, previously portrayed by Emma Corrin.
- Queen Elizabeth II being essayed by Imelda Staunton ( Harry Potter). The role was previously played by Olivia Colman.
- Princess Margaret being essayed by Lesley Manville who replaced Helena Bonham Carter for the role. The latter got a Golden Globe Nomination for the portrayal of the character.
- Prince Philip being essayed by Jonathan Pryce, the role previously played by Tobias Menzies.
- Prime Minister John Major being essayed by Jonny Lee Miller
- Camilla Parker Bowles being essayed by Olivia Williams
- Princess Anne is being essayed by Claudia Harrison.
However, there are also reports that there will be new members to the cast to portray the characters of Prince William and Prince Harry in the upcoming season.
What’s The Storyline For Season 5 Of The Crown?
The previous season 4 covered the reign of Queen Elizabeth II between 1979 to 1990, the failing marriage of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, and Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s time.
The upcoming installment of the show might showcase the famous interview of Princess Diana with the BBC program Panorama by the journalist Martin Bashir. In the interview, she highlighted her failed marriage with the Prince of Wales, his alleged involvement with Camilla Parker Bowles, and how the royal family was not supportive of her feelings.
There were several other events too that might be covered in season 5, like the fatal car accident of Princess Diana that cost her life, the loss of Princess Margaret, and several divorces in the royal family.
However, till now no confirmation is there as to what will be the plot for season 5. But it would be interesting to see how the characters would justify their roles.
When Will The Fans Be Able To Watch Season 5 Of The Crown?
According to the latest news, Netflix’s original The Crown kick-started its production back in June of 2021 but the release is not on cards till 2022. However, the viewers should wait for the official date to be announced.
This will make fans wait for almost a year for the next installment. But for the avid fans, it isn’t the first time to wait for the latest season to premiere. Previously, there was almost a two-year gap between the second and third installment.