The Witcher is an American Polish drama series. It is based on a series of books called “The Witcher” which is written by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski.
The TV Series is based on a landmass called “The Continent”, which is inspired by the medieval period. The Witcher follows Geralt of Rivia, Crown Princess Ciri, and the sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg at different times, exploring the events that led their characters before eventually leading into a single timeline focusing on the Nilfgaard invaders.
The Witcher Season 2 Renewal Status
According to Netflix’s new ratings report, 76 million people loved the first season of The Witcher and eight episodes were insufficient to quench our hunger for burly armed creature beheadings and complex magical politics. Hence, the producers are all set to release the second season of this fantasy series.
The Witcher Season 2 Release Date
Netflix has officially announced that The Witcher 2 will be released on Netflix on 17th December 2021. It was announced through WitchCon, which occurred in the month of July of this year. The news also came two months after the letter where the investors announced that the second season would be coming in the latter part of this year.
The filming of this season was halted between March to August 2020. After the lockdown being the first obstruction, a crew member tested positive later in the month of November last year, again creating a hurdle.
The Witcher Season 2 Cast Details
There were many cast members which were obviously, the same as the first season of this series.
- Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia
- Freya Allan as the Prophecied Princess Ciri
- Anya Chalotra as Soreceress
- Jodhi May as Queen Calanthe
- Joey Batey as Fan favorite Jaskier
The new cast members which will be joining the rest of the crew members for this new season are:
- Adjoa Andoh as Nenneke
- Simon Callow as Codringher
- Graham McTavish as Dijkstra
- Chris Fulton as Rience
- Canice Clare as Philippa Eilhart
- Kevin Dongle from downtown Abby as Ba’ Lian
The Witcher Season 2 Expected Storyline
Netflix has also publicized that, because of the people’s loving response and popular demand, Netflix will be bringing in three new witches for this new season, which is releasing on December 17th.
With all of the characters have come together in the first season, this upcoming season is expected to be based on the book, Blood of Elves.
The Witcher Season 2 Teaser Breakdown
- 01 – The first scene in the teaser shows Geralt and Cirilla were resting under a tree and Ciri asks Geralt “So, I am your Destiny?” Geralt was notified in season1 was Ciri, in fact, was his destiny and despite the hurdles that came their way, to keep them apart. They ended up being together at the end of season 1.
- 06 – Geralt replies to Ciri “You are much more than that!”. Here the ‘much more’ refers to the short story called Something More, by Sapkowski.
- 19 – Geralt tells Ciri that the world is changing at a fast rate and that Cintra isn’t safe for her anymore. This came from the fact that more than half of the Cintra were killed by the Nilfgaardian Empire and they were looking out for Ciri.
- 28 – Geralt and Ciri journey out to Kaer Morhan.
- 35 – Here, the audience can see the first look of some of the new characters that have been added to this new season of the witcher. Basil Eidebenz as Eskel, Paul Bullion as Lambert, etc.
- 39 – A high-intensity sword practicing session by Geralt. This must be shown in reference to the third season of The Witcher.
- 41 – The Scene shows Ciri sleeping while Geralt staring at her in awe and the voice-over says “Sometimes I feel so afraid!”.