OTT platforms are no less than a blessing for people who like to watch movies or series. Whether it is a newly released or old OTT platform never fails to put it in front of its viewers. They provide entertainment to everyone around the globe by covering preferences. Here is the list of the 20 best romance movies on Hulu.
OTT platform bundles movies or series from different genres to amuse people. Among those genres, the romantic genre can be considered the most popular one. Romantic movies provide a community to fall in love. However, it also helps to regain the candor and acceptance of affection.
In some or other ways, the romantic movie characters and statements show how beautifully one can fall in love. Along with that it also indicates the feud and struggle of an individual to get back love.
20. How Stella Got Her Groove Back
- Director : Kevin Rodney Sullivan
- Writers : Terry McMillan and Ron Bass
- Cast : Angela Bassett as Stella Payne, Taye Diggs as Winston Shakespeare, Whoopi Goldberg as Delilah Abraham, Regina King as Vanessa, Suzzanne Douglas as Angela, Michael J. Pagan as Quincy Payne, Sicily as Chantel, Richard Lawson as Jack
- IMDb Ratings : 5.6/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 50%
The film features Stella who is a Stockbroker. Because of her busy schedule and business she had never realized that she is forgetting to live a happy life. However, her trip to Jamaica helped her to regain her beautiful sprightly life. Over there she met a man and fell in love who is 20 years younger than her.
- Director : Rashaad Ernesto Green
- Writers : Rashaad Ernesto Green and Zora Howard
- Cast : John Karna as Rob Crabbe, Katie Findlay as Gabrielle, Craig Roberts as Stanley, Carlson Young as Angelaz, Adam Riegler as Arthur, Alan Tudyk as Jack Roth, Brian Huskey as Principal Hansen, Jonathan Kleitman as Uzy
- IMDb Ratings : 6.5/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 93%
The romantic movie Premature is about a teenager. In the entire film, he is stuck in a sex cycle where he had to lose his virginity again and again. The movie shows his struggle towards his life and fantasies.
- Director : Jeff Nichols
- Writers : Jeff Nichols
- Cast : Ruth Negga as Mildred, Joel Edgerton as Richard Loving, Michael Shannon as Grey Villet, Nick Kroll as Bernie Cohen
- IMDb Ratings : 7/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 88%
The movie is set in the background of 1958. The lead characters of the movie are Richard and Mildred Loving. However, the amazing life of this couple came to an end when they were thrown out of their own house. To regain their home they moved toward the higher authorities after solidifying their roots.
17. My Best Friend’s Wedding
- Director : P. J. Hogan
- Writers : Ronald Bass
- Cast : Julia Roberts as Julianne Potter, Dermot Mulroney as Michael O’Neal, Cameron Diaz as Kimmy Wallace, Rupert Everett as George Downes, Philip Bosco as Walter Wallace, M. Emmet Walsh as Joe O’Neal
- IMDb Ratings : 6.3/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 73%
The movie is about a young woman Julianne. My best friend’s wedding starts with the romantic feelings of Julianne towards her best friend Michael who was going to get married. Her emotions towards Michael were so strong that she made her mind get Michael’s love by any means.
16. 50 First Dates
- Director : Peter Segal
- Writers : George Wing
- Cast : Adam Sandler as Henry Roth, Drew Barrymore as Lucy Whitmore, Rob Schneider as Ula, Sean Astin as Doug Whitmore, Blake Clark as Marlin Whitmore, Lusia Strus as Alexa, Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Joseph Keats
- IMDb Ratings : 6.8/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 45%
The story of this romantic movie is about Henry and Lucy. An efficient man Henry tried to get back her girlfriend Lucy after she suffered from a short-term memory loss. Henry did all sorts of efforts and events paint her portrayed in the empty canvas of Lucy’s heart.
15. Becoming Jane
- Director : Julian Jarrold
- Writers : Kevin Hood and Sarah Williams
- Cast : Anne Hathaway as Jane Austen, James McAvoy as Thomas Lefroy, Julie Walters as Mrs. Austen, James Cromwell as Reverend George Austen, Maggie Smith as Lady Gresham, Lucy Cohu as Eliza, Laurence Fox as Mr Wisley, Joe Anderson as Henry Austen
- IMDb Ratings : 7/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 58%
The movie Becoming Jane provides a perfect feeling of love, affection, romance, and an urge to be together. The concept of the movie is about Jane who falls in love with an Irishman named Tom. It depicts some facts and perspectives of people about love.
14. The Sun Is Also A Star
- Director : Ry Russo-Young
- Writers : Tracy Oliver
- Cast : Yara Shahidi as Natasha Kingsley, Hill Harper as Lester Barnes, Charles Melton as Daniel Jae Ho Bae, Gbenga Akinnagbe as Samuel Kingsley, Jake Choi as Charles Bae, John Leguizamo as Jeremy Martinez, Anais Lee as Young Natasha
- IMDb Ratings : 5.9/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 52%
Sometimes nobody needs a person to be the devil of one’s life. Sometimes their destiny is enough to do such evil things. The story depicts the love story of Natasha and Daniel who face unavoidable circumstances to be with each other. However, the movie shows how both of them fight with their destiny to gain love.
13. If Beale Street Could Talk
- Director : Barry Jenkins
- Writers : James Baldwin
- Cast : KiKi Layne as Clementine, Milanni Mines as Young Tish, Stephan James as Alonzo Hunt, Ethan Barrett as Young Fonny, Regina King as Sharon Rivers, Brian Tyree Henry as Daniel Carty
- IMDb Ratings : 7.1/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 95%
The story of the movie is about childhood lovers Tish and Fonny. However, a hurdle came across their love life when Fonny has been falsely accused of rape. To prove her lover’s innocence, pregnant Tish took a bigger step.
- Director : Michael Mailer
- Writers : John Buffalo Mailer
- Cast : Alec Baldwin, Demi Moore, Dylan McDermott, Viva Bianca, James McCaffrey, Eden Epstein, John Buffalo Mailer, Stephen Presidio
- IMDb Ratings : 5.7/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 19%
The movie is about Suzanne who gets to know a visually impaired man named Bill. Her communication with Bill became so strong that Suzanne was not able to stop her to get attracted to him. However, her feelings grew even stronger when he get to know about her husband’s affair.
11. Notting Hill
- Director : Roger Michell
- Writers : Richard Curtis
- Cast : Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, Hugh Bonneville, Emma Chambers, James Dreyfus, Rhys Ifans, Tim McInnerny, Gina McKee
- IMDb Ratings : 7.2/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 83%
The movie depicts how the social status of a person can become the biggest obstacle to gaining someone’s love. However, the concept is based on William, a British bookseller, and Anna, an American actress who fell for each other but their social status did not allow them to start a new life.
- Director : Catherine Hardwicke
- Writers : Melissa Rosenberg
- Cast : Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen, Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen, Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen, Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen, Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale
- IMDb Ratings : 5.3/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 49%
The story of the film is about a girl and a vampire. Bella Swan met Edward Cullen who seems to be mysterious when she shifted to Forks, Washington. However, later she found out that Edward is a vampire.
9. Water for Elephants
- Director : Francis Lawrence
- Writers : Richard LaGravenese
- Cast : Reese Witherspoon as Marlena Rosenbluth, Robert Pattinson as Jacob Jankowski, Tai as Rosie, the elephant, James Frain as Rosie’s caretaker, Paul Schneider as Charlie O’Brien
- IMDb Ratings : 6.9/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 60%
The main characters of the movie are Jacob and Marlena. After the death of Jacob’s parents, he joined a circus as a vet. The master of the circus that is Jacob’s boss, was a strict man who always overpowered everyone, even his wife, Marlena. This activity of his boss forced Jacob to come to know Marlena which results in a love affair.
8. The Truth About Cats & Dogs
- Director : Michael Lehmann
- Writers : Audrey Wells
- Cast : Uma Thurman as Noelle Slusarsky, Janeane Garofalo as Abby Barnes, Ben Chaplin as Brian, Jamie Foxx as Ed, James McCaffrey as Roy, Richard Coca as Eric, Stanley DeSantis as Mario
- IMDb Ratings : 6.3/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 85%
This movie falls under the romantic comedy genre. The tale starts when Abby, who is a radio jockey, sends his friend, Noelle, on a blind date with Brian. The brain is one of Abby’s radio callers.
7. Like Crazy
- Director : Drake Doremus
- Writers : Drake Doremus and Ben York Jones
- Cast : Anton Yelchin as Jacob Helm, Felicity Jones as Anna Gardner, Jennifer Lawrence as Samantha, Charlie Bewley as Simon, Finola Hughes as Liz, Oliver Muirhead as Bernard Gardner, Alex Kingston as Jackie Gardner
- IMDb Ratings : 6.6/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 72%
This movie is about a long-distance relationship. The story of the movie is about an American boy and a British girl. Destiny tested their love when an immigration issue arose and they had to move apart from each other.
6. Portrait of a Lady on Fire
- Director : Céline Sciamma
- Writers : Céline Sciamma
- Cast : Noémie Merlant as Marianne, Adèle Haenel as Héloïse, Luàna Bajrami as Sophie, Valeria Golino as The Countess
- IMDb Ratings : 8.1/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 98%
The story of the movie is set in the background of 1770 in France. The movie depicts how a painter, named Marianne has been charged to paint a wedding portrait of Héloïse. However, Marianne observes her precisely to put forward a perfect painting.
5. Something Borrowed
- Director : Luke Greenfield
- Writers : Emily Giffin
- Cast : Ginnifer Goodwin as Rachel, Kate Hudson as Darcy, Peyton List as young Darcy, Colin Egglesfield as Dex, John Krasinski as Ethan, Steve Howey as Marcus, Ashley Williams as Claire
- IMDb Ratings : 5.8/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 15%
This movie shows a love triangle between Rachel, Dex, and Darcy. Rachel always used to like Dex from her school days but did not dare to convey her fondness. But later she decided to express her activation towards Ded when she got to know that her best friend Darcy is going to marry him.
4. No Strings Attached
- Director : Ivan Reitman
- Writers : Elizabeth Meriwether
- Cast : Natalie Portman, Ashton Kutcher, Cary Elwes, Kevin Kline
- IMDb Ratings : 6.2/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 48%
The story depicts how a casual love turned out to be a serious one. Adam and Emma are the main protagonists of the drama. After Adam’s breakup, he went into a casual relationship with Emma with all sorts of terms and conditions applied. However, the trouble happens when they fall for each other.
3. The Bridges of Madison County
- Director : Clint Eastwood
- Writers : Robert James Waller
- Cast : Clint Eastwood as Robert Kincaid, Meryl Streep as Francesca Johnson, Annie Corley as Carolyn Johnson, Sarah Kathryn Schmitt as young Carolyn, Victor Slezak as Michael Johnson
- IMDb Ratings : 7.6/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 90%
Francesca is the one around whom the entire movie is running. He boring married life lift when she met Robert who was new to town. Her meet-up with him went too deep and led to a love relationship. However, this was short-term but left the biggest impression on Francesca’s life.
2. Love After Love
- Director : Russell Harbaugh
- Writers : Russell Harbaugh and Eric Mendelsohn
- Cast : Chris O’Dowd as Nicholas, Andie MacDowell as Suzanne, James Adomian as Chris, Juliet Rylance as Rebecca, Dree Hemingway as Emilie
- IMDb Ratings : 5.5/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 86%
The movie shows how a mother and her sons try to get emotionally attached after the prominent death of their patriarch. The movie shows a well-established story of affection and emotions.
1. Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong
- Director : Luke Greenfield
- Writers : Emily Giffin
- Cast : Jamie Chung as Ruby Lin, Bryan Greenberg as Josh Rosenberg, Richard Ng as Fortune Teller, Sarah Lian as Monica
- IMDb Ratings : 6.4/10
- Rotten Tomatoes : 74%
The movie shows the love affair of a British man and a Chinese woman. Their love relationship starts when Josh went to Hong Kong, for a business trip. Over there he met Ruby and fell in love with her.
The above-mentioned romantic movies are the best romance movies on Hulu of all time. Apart from them, The Big Fat Greek Wedding, Sweet Home Alabama are also there. Many dramas have been adapted from a novel of the same name as the movie. It is not necessary that always the movies will culminate with a happy ending or will be based on real-life or will be of classic romance. It might also portray a story of a young couple or sometimes it portrays the story to provide the last chance to their love. Love and romance are such an emotion that makes a heart smile just like a romantic drama.
Read More: The Best Movies on Hulu To Watch Right Now